Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Road Trip!! - Day Two

Day Two at the New York International Gift Fair...Yvonne and I said goodbye to my friend, Tina, and headed to the Javits Center.

Me and Tina
 As soon as we walked in, we came across this fabulous display of glass and lampshades.  Artecnica of Los Angeles, CA  (www.artecnica.com) offers a sleek collection of tranSglass - their brochure calls it "recycled radiance" and I agree!  Not only is the glass made of recycled material, they enlist the help of "Aid To Artisans", a non-profit organization that provides assistance to artisans worldwide.  Beautiful products while providing opportunities to others!

Artecnica tranSglass

If you like their glass, you will love their lighting!  Chandeliers made from cut white Tyvek paper.  Midsummer Light, Grand Trianon and La Couronne are some of my favorites!

Midsummer Light Shade

 Look at that fabulous detail!  Finely cut white Tyvek paper! A real show-stopper in an entryway or hallway!  Kind of reminds me of the flowing skirt of a woman's gown.




I can see the Petit Trianon (left, white) flanking the sides of a bed over a pair of nightstands.  La Couronne (right) made of thin copper foil material would look fabulous in a teenage girl's room!  

Wandering over to the Textiles section,  we found my favorite pillow guy from J & S International.  He always has these great wool chain-stitched pillow covers.  Of course, I had to purchase some to spruce up my sofa for the spring season (that may never come!!)  And some for a favorite client of mine who has a leather sofa that's screaming for something to soften it up!

J & S International pillow covers

 Here are the detachable "muff cuffs" I mentioned in the last post from Caron Miller (www.caronmiller.com). How cute are they!!  Slide them onto the sleeve or your coat or sweater and you have a whole new look! 



I never thought I'd say it, but I've had enough shopping!!  Time to lug those suitcases 7 blocks through the snow (what were we thinking??) and onto the bus for the long ride home. 

Yvonne Blacker with me at Tina's apartment


Good friends and shopping...the perfect weekend!

"Shopping is a woman thing.  It's a contact sport like football.  Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase."  ~Erma Bombeck




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing some new design ideas to me in your blog. love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments!